Volunteer Job Information
Town : Bundaberg
Title : Hands on Care Volunteer (Unpaid) Ref#012
Job # : 704
Ref # : 012
- Accompany another Red Cross volunteer to visit residents/patients in aged care facilities, as rostered by Convenor and agreed with by the aged care facility.
- Spend time with individual and/or small groups of residents undertaking simple social activities.
- Ensure an open, positive, respectful and constructive style of communications in all interactions.
- Liaise with the staff of the facility and represent Red Cross professionally to clients, their families, other staff and volunteers.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Ability to participate in training
- Good listening and communication skills
- An understanding of the importance of confidentially
- Ability to communicate with a diverse cross section of the community including older people and care facility staff.
- Ability to travel to facilities